Extra Editions (Part Ⅰ and Part Ⅱ)
The publication of extra editions in the Canada Gazette, Part Ⅰ and Part Ⅱ, is warranted if
- it is prescribed by statute or regulation;
- it is requested by the Clerk of the Privy Council;
- it is requested by the Governor General, the House of Commons or the Senate;
- it prevents substantial damage to the Crown;
- it prevents danger to public and/or national health and safety;
- it protects public and/or national health and welfare;
- it protects public and/or national security; and
- it presents emergency legislation.
Criteria No. 4 to 8 must be substantiated in writing by an official who has the authority to speak for, or on behalf of, the Minister responsible for the requesting department or agency.
In cases where the above-mentioned criteria are not applicable, the Canada Gazette Directorate must obtain a written request from the Office of the Minister responsible for the requesting department or agency.
Part Ⅰ extra editions cannot be published on the same date as a regular Part Ⅰ issue (every Saturday).
Part Ⅱ extra editions cannot be published on the same date as a regular Part Ⅱ issue (every other Wednesday).
Extra editions are not published on a Sunday.
Due to the urgency to publish on short notice, $75.00 will be added to the regular insertion rate.
- Date modified: