ARCHIVED — Vol. 146, No. 8 — April 11, 2012
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
SI/2012-21 April 11, 2012
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION ACT
Order Amending the Right of Permanent Residence Fees Remission Order
P.C. 2012-363 March 29, 2012
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, considering that it is in the public interest to do so, on the recommendation of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and the Treasury Board, pursuant to subsection 23(2.1) (see footnote a) of the Financial Administration Act (see footnote b), hereby makes the annexed Order Amending the Right of Permanent Residence Fees Remission Order.
ORDER AMENDING THE RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEES REMISSION ORDER
1. (1) The definition “JRC” in section 1 of the Right of Permanent Residence Fees Remission Order (see footnote 1) is replaced by the following:
“JRC” means the Joint Referral Committee, established by the federal public administration and composed of senior officials of the federal public administration. (CMR)
(2) Paragraphs (a) and (b) of the definition “Canadian mission worker” in section 1 of the Order are replaced by the following:
- (a) as an employee or independent contractor of a department or agency of the federal public administration; or
- (b) as an employee or independent contractor of a person or entity that has entered into a contract with a department or agency of the federal public administration. (travailleur de la mission canadienne)
2. Paragraph 3(b) of the Order is replaced by the following:
- (b) an application is submitted to the JRC, using the form provided by the federal public administration, on or before December 31, 2011;
(This note is not part of the Order.)
The Order amends the Right of Permanent Residence Fees Remission Order, which facilitates the entry of persons to Canada as permanent residents under the Temporary Public Policy Concerning Certain Local Staff in Direct Support of the Canadian Mission in Kandahar as of October 9, 2009.
In August 2010, the Standing Joint Committee for the Scrutiny of Regulations raised a concern regarding the equivalency, in the legislative context of the Remission Order, between the English expression “Government of Canada” and its French counterpart “administration publique canadienne.” For this reason, the expression “Government of Canada” in the English version of the Remission Order will be replaced by “federal public administration” and the expression “administration publique canadienne” in the French version of the Remission Order will be replaced by “administration publique fédérale.”
These amendments aim to assure coherence between the wording of the Remission Order and that used in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
S.C. 1991, c. 24, s. 7(2)
R.S., c. F-11
- Date modified: