Vol. 147, No. 9 — April 24, 2013
SI/2013-44 April 24, 2013
OTHER THAN STATUTORY AUTHORITY
Order Amending the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal Order
P.C. 2013-371 April 11, 2013
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Prime Minister, makes the annexed Order Amending the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal Order.
ORDER AMENDING THE CANADIAN VOLUNTEER SERVICE MEDAL ORDER
1. Section 10 of the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal Order (see footnote 1) is amended by adding the following after subsection (3):
(4) A silver bar, showing an ascending World War II heavy bomber, shall be awarded to members of an air crew and non-flying personnel in respect of a period of one day of operational service with a Bomber Command squadron as listed in the United Kingdom Air Ministry Confidential Air Force Lists who were engaged in or supported bombing operations over Continental Europe from September 3, 1939 to May 8, 1945.
2. Subsection 15(2) of the Order is replaced by the following:
(2) Where more than one bar is worn, the order of wearing, from bottom to top, shall be as follows: bar for overseas service, bar for Dieppe, bar for Hong Kong and bar for Bomber Command, with the bars being evenly spaced on the ribbon.
3. Paragraph 16(b) of the Order is replaced by the following:
- (b) the wearer has also been awarded any of the bars for Dieppe, Hong Kong or Bomber Command, a small silver maple leaf for each of those additional bars shall be worn along with the maple leaf provided with the bar for overseas service so as to indicate the total number of bars awarded and those maple leaves shall be evenly spaced on the ribbon.
- Footnote 1