Vol. 147, No. 11 — May 22, 2013
SOR/2013-86 April 30, 2013
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS MARKETING ACT
Order Amending the Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order
The Ontario Pork Producers’ Marketing Board, pursuant to section 3 (see footnote a) and paragraph 4(a) (see footnote b) of the Ontario Pork Producers’ Marketing Order (see footnote c), makes the annexed Order Amending the Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order.
Guelph, Ontario, April 25, 2013
ORDER AMENDING THE ONTARIO HOG CHARGES (INTERPROVINCIAL AND EXPORT) ORDER
1. Section 1 of the Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order (see footnote 1) is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
“weanling hogs” means hogs that have a weight of less than 56 kilograms. (porcelets sevrés)
2. Section 2 of the Order is replaced by the following:
2. Subject to section 3, this Order applies to the marketing, in interprovincial and export trade by persons in Ontario, of weanling hogs that are not marketed for the purpose of slaughter and all other hogs that are marketed for the purpose of slaughter.
3. Section 4 of the Order is repealed.
4. Section 5 of the Order is replaced by the following:
5. Each producer shall pay to the Commodity Board the following charge for each hog marketed in interprovincial or export trade by or on behalf of the producer:
- (a) $0.20 for a weanling hog; and
- (b) $1.00 for any other hog.
COMING INTO FORCE
5. This Order comes into force on the day on which it is registered.
(This note is not part of the Order.)
The Order amends sections 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order to add the definition of weanling hog, to provide that weanling hogs marketed for slaughter are not subject to the charge, and to specify the amount of the charge for each weanling hog that is not marketed for slaughter by or on behalf of the producer in interprovincial or export trade.