Vol. 147, No. 8 — April 10, 2013
SOR/2013-63 March 28, 2013
EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE ACT
Reconsideration Request Regulations
P.C. 2013-362 March 28, 2013
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development, pursuant to subsection 112(3) (see footnote a) of the Employment Insurance Act (see footnote b), makes the annexed Reconsideration Request Regulations.
RECONSIDERATION REQUEST REGULATIONS
1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 112(1)(b) of the Employment Insurance Act and subject to subsection (2), the Commission may allow a longer period to make a request for reconsideration of a decision if the Commission is satisfied that there is a reasonable explanation for requesting a longer period and the person has demonstrated a continuing intention to request a reconsideration.
(2) The Commission must also be satisfied that the request for reconsideration has a reasonable chance of success, and that no prejudice would be caused to the Commission or a party by allowing a longer period to make the request, if the request for reconsideration
- (a) is made after the 365-day period after the day on which the decision was communicated to the person;
- (b) is made by a person who submitted another application for benefits after the decision was communicated to the person; or
- (c) is made by a person who has requested the Commission to rescind or amend the decision under section 111 of the Employment Insurance Act.
Coming into force
2. These Regulations come into force on April 1, 2013.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears following SOR/2013-60, Social Security Tribunal Regulations.