Vol. 147, No. 10 — May 8, 2013
SOR/2013-76 April 26, 2013
CANADA AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS ACT
Regulations Amending the Processed Products Regulations
P.C. 2013-422 April 25, 2013
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, pursuant to section 32 (see footnote a) of the Canada Agricultural Products Act (see footnote b), makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Processed Products Regulations.
REGULATIONS AMENDING THE PROCESSED PRODUCTS REGULATIONS
1. The definition “registered label” in subsection 2(1) of the Processed Products Regulations (see footnote 1) is repealed.
2. Subsection 21(2) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
(2) Containers of a size smaller than the smallest size prescribed for items (3) to (9) of Table II of Schedule III, respectively, may be used to pack the vegetable products set out in column I of those items.
3. (1) Subsection 25(1) of the Regulations is amended by adding “and” at the end of paragraph (b) and by repealing paragraphs (d) and (e).
(2) Subsections 25(2) to (5) of the Regulations are replaced by the following:
(2) Despite section 20, containers of a size smaller than the smallest size specified in Table I of Schedule III may be used to pack the fruit and vegetable juices and concentrated apple juice set out in that Table.
(3) Despite section 22, containers of a size smaller than the smallest size specified in Table III of Schedule III may be used to pack the fruit juices, jams, jellies, marmalades, grape juice, concentrated grape juice, grape juice from concentrate, pickles, relishes, chutneys, olives, horseradish sauce and creamed horseradish set out in that Table.
4. Section 44 of the Regulations is repealed.
5. Paragraph 65(1)(d) of the Regulations is amended by adding “and” at the end of subparagraph (vi), by striking out “and” at the end of subparagraph (vii) and by repealing subparagraph (viii).
COMING INTO FORCE
6. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears following SOR/2013-75, Regulations Amending the Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990.